Updated: Jul 10, 2019
These flavorful vegan, gluten free and raw energy balls will keep in the fridge for 3-weeks. Their nutritious ingredients provide healthy fat, protein and low levels of carbohydrates. They're a delightful pre-yoga or mid-hike snack. As well as providing a slow release of energy these delicious balls contain high levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce inflammation and help to remove harmful substances from the body.
Recipe (makes 30 - 40 balls) :
- I cup of raw almond flour
- 1 (16oz) jar of raw sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of goji berries
- 1/2 cup of chopped dates
- 1/4 cup of minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
1) Excluding the coconut flakes, mix all the ingredients until everything is thoroughly combined and sticky.
2) Scatter the coconut flakes in a rimmed dish.
3) Roll the dough into balls
4) Roll the balls in the coconut flakes until they're covered
5) Store in an airtight container
Please leave comments. I love to hear your thoughts.