Frequently asked questions
How much does the vacation cost?
~ SOLD OUT ~
***The first 7 people to pay their deposit will save $200 and receive a coupon code to apply to their final payment!***
Rooms with Private Bathrooms:
- Room for Two with Private Bathroom. Great for
two friends sharing or a couple. Room will be made up with two twin beds for friends, or a double bed for a couple.
$2400 Per Person USD **SOLD OUT**
Make a payment
- Room for a Couple with Private Bathroom.
$2400 Per Person USD **SOLD OUT**
Make a payment
- Room for One with Private Bathroom.
$2600 USD **SOLD OUT**
Make a payment
Room with Shared Hallway Bathroom:
-Room for Two with Shared Bathroom.
Great for two friends sharing or a couple. Room will be made up with two twin beds for friends, or a double bed for a couple.The bathroom is near your room and you’ll share this with a maximum of two more people.
$2200 USD Per Person **SOLD OUT**
Make a payment
- Room for One with Shared Bathroom. The bathroom is near your room and you'll share with a maximum of two people.
$2500 USD **SOLD OUT**
Make a payment
All payments are non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.
$750 deposit is required for registration and secures your place.
~ Complete payment is due on March 9th 2019 or before.
~ Registration after March 9th 2019 requires full payment.
How does the special price offer work?
The first 7 people to pay their deposit will receive a $200 coupon code to apply to their final payment.
What is the Refund/Cancelation Policy?
Please be very sure that the dates work for you before sending payment.
All payments are non-refundable.
Purchasing travel insurance can protect you from unforeseen circumstances.
Thank you for your understanding.
What’s included in the price?
- Seven nights of accommodation (Saturday to Saturday)
- Day trip to Cinque Terre villages. (minus park entry 16 euros)
- Waterfall Hike with Guide.
- Two extended Yoga, therapeutic movement, and meditation practices each day.
(The practice schedule is slightly different on the day we go to Cinque Terre.)
- Yoga mats and props.
- Three Delicious vegetarian meals each day. (except lunch on trip days and one evening meal).
- Local organic wine with evening meals.
- Last night celebrations with Prosecco and Pizza using Il Borghino’s wood fire oven.
- Use of salt water pool.
- One complimentary use of the villa’s Turkish Sauna/Steam Room.
- Group Transfer from Lucca to our retreat on the first and last day.
- Laundry facilities.
What’s not included in the price?
- Travel Insurance.
- Airfare and transport (train) to Lucca.
- Pick-up from Lucca outside of scheduled first and last day pick-up service.
- Optional personal excursions.
- Optional massage or holistic services.
- Two lunches and one evening meal.
Why am I asked to buy travel insurance?
This is for your peace of mind. Most travel insurance plan packages include various coverage like trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical coverage.
Yoga in Italy, Become Centered and Caroline Kelley cannot be responsible for the above coverage. Thank you for your understanding.
What shall I pack?
When packing, we recommend keeping in mind that there are laundry facilities at the retreat. We suggest you consider how you’re getting to Lucca. If you’re traveling by public transport, minimizing your luggage will probably feel enjoyable.
Please also check the average day end evening temperatures for Lucca.
- Yoga clothes. (No need to bring a Yoga mat or props!)
- Toiletries and hair dryers are supplied, but you may choose to bring your favorite items.
- Clothes for hiking.
- Something for an evening in Lucca.
- Sandals and walking shoes (waterfall hike and Cinque Terre)
- Bathing suit (pool, Cinque Terre and swimming at waterfalls)
- Sun hat.
- Insect repellent (evening meals outsite)
- Clothes to keep the sun off you when hiking.
- Small day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Adaptor for Europe (phone charger etc).
- Travel documents including a copy of your insurance.
- Cash (for optional extra excursions and activities).
- Free (do it yourself) laundary service is available.
Will the retreat center cater to dietary needs?
The retreat menu is vegetarian and upon request, Maria will happily cater for gluten free, lactose free and other allergies.
Please tell me more about the meals.
Maria is a wonderful local cook who prepares fresh, delicious meals based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. Menus include local cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights. Plenty of healthy choices are on offer with nuts, seeds, legumes, plenty of vegetables and salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. Food is sourced from local and where possible, organic producers. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas made from fresh herbs in the garden are served daily. Organic wine, olive oil and honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area near Il Borghino and served during our meals.
What holistic services are on offer?
- Daily Yoga, mindful movement and meditation sessions with Caroline are included in the price.
- Massages and other holistic treatments are available in-house during your retreat, all of which will help you relax, unwind, release tensions and improve wellbeing. Experienced therapists can be booked upon arrival. Treatment Pricing is €60 for 60 minutes, €75 for 75 minutes and €90 for 90 minutes.
- Outdoor saline pool.
- Turkish Sauna
What are the additional organized activities?
In addition to the two day trips included in the price there are other enjoyable activities that you can purchase for small additional fees, including:
- Bike or walking tour of Lucca.
- Scenic walk to a beautiful winery with tour and tasting.
- Cooking class with Maria.
- Evening opera in Lucca.
- Shopping tour.
- Italian lessons.
When are meals and Yoga sessions?
An example of the schedule is below. Note that this will be modified on trip days:
~ 7:30am Yoga, mindful movement and meditation.
~ 9am Breakfast
~ 1pm Lunch
~ 4pm Afternoon Yoga, mindful movement and meditation.
~ 6:30pm Dinner
Can my friend/partner come if they don’t practice Yoga?
Yes! The layout of the week includes two full day trips in the advertised price. The scenic villa has an outside pool and lawn to enjoy along with plenty of additional activities on offer at reasonable prices.
Total beginners to Yoga are always welcome to join the sessions. Caroline is skilled in teaching all levels of students.
How do I get to Lucca?
Here are the nearest airports to Lucca, from there you can travel by train or bus to Lucca:
- Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” is 18 Miles from Lucca.
- Florence International Airport "Amerigo Vespucci" is 50 Miles from Lucca.
- Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 Miles from Lucca.
Regular trains and buses run from Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Please send your flight arrival details to email@example.com
When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:45pm, to coincide with the free group transfer to Il Borghino.
What are the check-in and out times?
On the first day we will have an easy meeting point in Lucca for group transport to our retreat. - - - Pick-up will be at 3:45pm.
- Check-in on the first day is 4pm.
- Check-out on the last day is 9:30am.
On the last day, one group transfer to Lucca Train Station is included in the price. This will be scheduled at 9:30am or before depending on the group requirements.
Direct airport transfers or transport outside the scheduled time is at an extra expense and can be arranged through Siobhan and her team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m arriving early, what can I do with my luggage?
If you’re arriving in Lucca earlier than 3:45pm you can leave your luggage at a few locations while you explore Lucca:
- Tourist Office Piazzale Verdi - near the bus station email: email@example.com
- Bike Hire Shop / Left Luggage – 30 meters from the train station
What if my flights don’t coincide with the check-in/out times?
The retreat center will happily arrange a direct transfer to your airport, to the train station or a hotel. Transport will be at your expense. To arrange this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that it is not possible to check-in early or check-out late. Thank you for your understanding.
- Check-in 4pm
- Check-out 9:30am
I'm coming on my own, will I fit in?
We feel sure that you will!
Caroline's Yoga Adventures are well known for joy and friendliness. These events bring like minded people together and are renowned for instigating great new friendships.
I have an injury or health condition can I still join the retreat?
In the majority of cases yes absolutely!
Of course the severity of your condition will need to be taken into account and in some instances a doctors note will be required.
Please read through the activities included in this trip to assess for yourself (and with your doctors guidance) if this will be an enjoyable vacation for you.
For your peace of mind Caroline has a deep understanding of the body, and utilizes her skills as a Yoga Teacher, Massage Therapist, and Pilates Instructor when helping those injured or with a medical condition.
Please provide Caroline with full details of your condition in advance so she can offer safe and appropriate teaching guidance.